Sunday, March 20, 2011

Each night for the past week, I've watched with horror, the images coming out of Japan......


I've been in touch with my dealer in Tokyo, and she assures me that she and her family are safe and alright.  But, she says, the damage to the coastal towns has been extensive; many lives were lost.  I posted this mask of Otafuku, the goddess of mirth and happiness, because that is how I think of Japan:  Soulful, peaceful, happy.  I would like that again for the country.  It is in this spirit that I would like to encourage people to give:  During rest of March and through the end of April, I will donate 10% of any sales through my blog or Etsy store to Architecture for Humanity to support the rebuilding efforts in Japan.  Please do what you can.

Here the days are getting longer and warmer.  I noticed in the garden this morning, that the blood red heads of the peonies are just attempting to push through the frost hardened ground. The moss on the rocks and ledges is brilliant crimson, chartreuse, and deep, inky green.  You can smell spring!

I posted a few of my favorite finds last night, from an afternoon spent picking, I will be posting more this morning in my Etsy store.  Here's a small sampling:




And finally, this is Franny who is ever-present when I'm trying to shoot things for the blog.......she will never be for sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment