Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sometimes adversity ends up making you reevaluate what's important in life.....

Getting back to Maine has been tough.  Emotionally, it's been a life saver but I've had to sacrifice things that belonged to me.   Sometimes I wake up and mourn their loss, but then I realize that they are just things that have come and gone, something else will rise to take their place......or not.  And when I sit and think about it, I would give up most possessions just to be able to get up in the morning and look out across the islands, or go walking with the dogs, quietly, through the woods. 


I did receive this in the mail today from my wonderful dealer in Japan.  It's an amazing piece of indigo dyed felt.  This was probably used as an alter cloth and dates from the late Meiji period.  If you're interested, please contact me directly at info@ioneta.us



As I was going through my things, I found this carved horse that I picked up several years ago.  At the time, I bought it because it reminded me of the horses in Picasso's "Guernica".  Great movement.  I added the artist made finial.....it will be posted on Etsy tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment