Thursday, March 10, 2011

I was supposed to be getting tabs for my car today, (they are overdue......long overdue!)

It just happens that the DMV has moved right down the street from one of my favorite "picking" places.  The acquisition of the tabs was necessary, if boring, and so justified my trip to town.  Happily, I accomplished a couple of other things and found these pieces too:


This is an old boats buoy, the kind they don't make anymore.  And as this is the coast of Maine, I suspect that it probably was the mooring for a Lobster dory.  It's taken on another life out of the water; the sculptural quality of the sphere and attached O-rings imbues it with character.  Today is threatening rain and solidly grey, I admit that the ochre color of this piece drew my attention immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment